Friday, April 1, 2016

April Fool's Day





Good morning, how many of you play practical jokes because today is April Fool's Day??  Mother nature is definitely playing a joke on us. Maine weather today is going to be in the high 50's, but then turn bitter cold over the weekend, with I dare say it...SNOW at some point Sunday into Monday.  Yep the flowers are popping up, my peepers are peeping in the bog behind me.  A very happy welcome to warmer weather, but like I said Mother nature is playing jokes on us!!

Crafty wise I was able to sit with my friends and spin last night!  I finished one ball of this pale pink with white that will be amazing plied on itself after the other ball is spun.  Not quite sure what I am going to knit/crochet with it, but it will be soft and beautiful.  I have laid out the projects I have to make for this coming Christmas!  I know its only April 1, but spinning to knit isn't a one day thing, so I will start early.  I am actually pretty happy, I have been participating, over the last few years, in a secret Santa swap with my spinning group.  Well this year I am ahead of the game.  I have my fiber to spin and I have my pattern I am spinning for!!  If you knew me, you would know I never really know what I am going to make with my yarn as I am spinning, I just wait for inspiration to hit me.

My homestead is coming along...with the warmer weather brings coop cleaning!! Yep Sunday if its nice I will be cleaning out my coop!!  Yep get my coop clean from the winter poo pile up and give them some fresh footing and a "New" coop smell.  Egg production is on the rise as the longer warmer days help my chicks turn from heat production to laying!!

Cooking this weekend is a definite thing!!  Going to make another batch of homemade danish, Saturday night will make another batch of homemade yogurt, a new type of granola and whatever my fancy decides to whip up.  I might try my hand at donuts!! What do you have on your agenda this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment