Friday, October 11, 2013

Wonderful Wednesday

I am an advisor for the graduating class of 2017 and this week is our Spirit Week... Today's theme was Western Wednesday and after school we are decorating our spirit hall... Themes for halls this year included Romance(ours), Comedy, Horror and Action.  So my class has decided we are going to do cheesy tunnel of love.. and the end of our hallway will be the Chapel of love!!! I know I know cheesy, but I think it will be fun.

With Valentine's day so far away, there was no chance of us finding any cupids.. so the Google searches revealed some nice cut outs we are going to use..We have cut out hearts and come have cheesy pick up lines.  I can not wait to see it finished and just laugh at the fun we are going to have.  Streamers, fake church at the end, flowers, red everything.. what could be better??? thank goodness we can not bring any kind of water items.. 2nd floor does not hold water well..

Tonight will continue my canning adventure!! Tonight will be some apple pie filling and I have learned that 1 inch of head space is never enough, I have had to go to 1.5-2" only because of the expansion I do not need it to pop out of the lid again(First time canning pie filling last year).  I think I will try to go picking this weekend if the orchard is open and finish more apple pie filling and apple sauce.. then the final leg will be apple jelly.. Thanks Angie from http://bigredcouch.com/journal/  she has definitely opened my eyes with some great recipes to can and helped me become more self sufficient with great canning tips/recipes and excellent advice.  I love to look at my canning rack and see what I have put up this year and what I do not need to buy!!! I definitely can do more and are in the process of planning next years garden to harvest more.. Gonna have to try turnips and who knows what else..

Have a happy canning/couponing day!!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment