Friday, October 11, 2013

Freaky Friday

Today is a workshop day at my school and we have a state science meeting... so we have some great displays and a former high school friend from Wildlife Encounters is here with some of his animals that he travels with and educates students with. We also have an indoor planetarium... haven't had the pleasure yet, but hoping to get in today to see it.

Last nights entertainment was brought to me via the Toy Auction... every year a local hall has a toy auction every Thursday night and there are a number of things that can be bid on, from toys to food items, from auto supplies to clothing.  One of the best things about the auction you can get some stuff reasonably cheap, but the funnest is the people watching... I swear you would think we were inside a circus with the outfits(or lack of) these people come in wearing.. There was this guy in front of me who's fruit of the looms just didn't cut it, if I had some wall putty I would have filled that crack!!! What the Hell is all I have to say.  My group of friends that go and I laugh, are loud and have a good time.

Canning and couponing are on the agenda this weekend.. gonna try to squeeze in an orchard visit then 3 day weekend involving canning and more canning... apples are on the menu.. left a message with a local farm stand to see if they had any tomatoes left to attempt a few more tomato items( Angie's tomato soup and definitely salsa).  Maybe next  year I will try my hand at ketchup(catsup) whatever way you spell it, my daughters go through this condiment like it was water and I would love to can my own and get one more item off my grocery list...my version will be all natural veggies with no added preservative crap... but alas it will have to wait until next  year.

Happy Freaky Friday

Melissa

2 comments:

  1. damn! I wanted to blog today....while you were laughing at me, I was crying. ;) I need you to teach me more about couponing.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would never laugh at you Jen....

    ReplyDelete