Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday sale away!!

Today was the start of one of the best sales I have seen in awhile at Shaw's... I must say several opportunities to earn $$ on your next order(oyno).. gotta love it!!  Jeff, the store manager, was stacking shelves when I popped in at 9am.  To his dismay the Bailey's coffee creamer he ordered never showed up.. He was going to have to "go to the dark side" to find out where it was.. All I could do was laugh!!!

Needless to say I made 2 trips to Shaw's today, this morning and this evening.  I caught up with my cousin Jen and we walked around and scored great deals!!!  Louise was the cashier tonight and Monica was our front end manager!  There are several ppl that work at Shaw's who are the greatest ppl I know, they have to put up  with a lot of crap from some unruly customers, but they are the first to say.. wow you did great with your coupons today.  Chris, I believe an assistant manager, even asked Louise to turn her light off as Jen and I had a cart full and a fist full of coupons.

My bill was enormous and I brought it down to 17.80 my receipt said my coupon savings was 90++ dollars.. I am still thinking.. hmmm was it really over 100$$before qs??? But then I remember that savings also calculates in the Sale price vs. Shelf price.

So I wasn't able to score any toothpaste or toothbrushes because the store was out before I even got there.. but hey.. there will be trucks coming again before the end of the sale, but I did score more pop tarts, dish soap, water, cereal, vitamin water, honest tea, welch's juice, coffee, 2 things of oscar meyer meats and got 12$$ oyno back, so basically I saved over 95% tonight.. woohoo  When I was walking out one of the self checkouts had 2 receipts that had spit out of its CAT machine, one of them was of course and advertisement for an oil change, but the other is for free bread!!! woohoo who doesn't like free bread???

The clincher of this sale was that earlier I had gone to get a few things and received store cats for 1.50$$ off any purchase of dish detergent 18 oz or larger, 1$$ off any granola or toaster pastry purchase, 1$$ of any juice purchase. Well I ended up with a couple of each, so I shared and gave Jen some.. why not share right???  We do that often, if I need a few qs and if she has  extra ones she gladly shares, and so do I.. You can never tell what kind of deal you may find at the last minute.

I often wonder if because it may be free or dirt cheap does it taste better, clean better, smell better, wipe better??? I can not answer to that but I can say FREE is for ME!!!

Have a great night, try to stay out of the humidity and heat.. as Maine has set a record not achieved since 1079!!! It was hotter in Maine then Florida!!

No comments:

Post a Comment